Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Standing

For a while now I've been telling Hana that when she wakes up in her crib she doesn't have to just lay there and cry, she could sit up and play instead. Well, this evening she listened. Sort of. After eating some supper and having a bath I put her in her crib and tucked her in. I went into the kitchen and was making dinner when I heard her crying. I ignored her for a while, assuming that she was just having trouble getting to sleep, but as the time went on I realized that she was definitely not sleeping and so I went in to see what was bothering her. I found her standing up holding on to the railing of the crib, tears streaming down her face. Not only had she rolled over and sat up by herself, she had pulled into standing position and was yelling for me to take her out. So I rescued her. We had some more milk and then back to bed. So far she is sleeping this time.