Thursday, May 26, 2005

Wipes

This morning Hana woke up when Daddy was getting ready for work. When he was all dressed, he picked her up and brought her to me, "surprise Mommy! Its time to get up!" Since it was 7am, and I was still sleepy, I decided to let Hana nurse in bed with me. When she was done I tried to get her to fall asleep next to me, but no luck. She sat up and started to play. She was being very cute, and then she spit up milk all over the bed. Luckily I had her wipes right next to the bed on that little shelf, so I reached over and grabbed one and wiped up the mess. Hana reached out and took the wipe from me. She looked at me and said, "ah?" So I lifted up my hand and asked her if she would like to wipe my hands for me. And she did. The right one, and then the left. And I thanked her, and then she gave me the wipe, and I threw it away.

Later when Hana was ready for her nap, I put her in her crib as usual and went out into the living room. After a few minutes I heard her giggling, and I supposed that she was not tired yet, but was enjoying a little play in her bed. How sweet I thought to myself. As time went on I could tell that she was not sleeping, so I went in to take her out of her bed and there piled up on the floor were more wipes. Sometimes babies are smarter than mommies.