Monday, June 06, 2005
Drenched and not sleeping
Tonight I decided to put Hana to bed a little earlier than usual since she was still tired from yesterday. She ate her supper, took her bath, put on her pajamas, had a story, nursed, brushed her teeth, played on the bed with Mommy, and then into bed. She immediately screamed and cried, but I closed the door hoping that she would just calm down and go to sleep. Crying, crying crying...on and on. I went in to check on her, and she was drenched with sweat. Her hair couldn't have been wetter if she had dumped a bucket over her head. And her jammies were also all wet around the neck. The rest of her body was fine. Not at all sweaty, and no temperature. After 10 minutes of screaming I gave in and took Hana out of bed. I let her play for another 20 minutes in the living room until she seemed tired again. She wanted to nurse again, and she ate a little, and then I put her back in her bed. She went down quietly, an stayed that way for about 15 minutes. Then the screaming started again. Crying crying crying. I went back in. She was soaked again. I stripped off her jammies and put her in a little undershirt. I opened the window more and laid down on my bed with her. We rested there in the dark for half and hour, and now she is back in her crib and quiet. I hope she goes to sleep. I think I'll call her doctor tomorrow and ask about the weird sweaty head thing.