Saturday, August 12, 2006

Good Shabbos

Today was a big day for Hana. We woke up and ate breakfast, and then got dressed and walked to shul. Hana walks 2 blocks in 5 minutes. So it took us 45 minutes to walk 15 blocks. We has to make a few stops to visit with dogs, look into store windows, eat, and various other important two-year-old activities. Hana was a very good girl at shul. She spent some time up with Mommy, and then decided that it was more fun to go see Daddy. And of course all the guys thought she was so cute, and the Rabbi Gave her a lollipop. Now we knew that this was going to happen, and we had decided in advance that we would not let her eat it, since she has never had candy, and we didn't really see any reason to start now, but of course when she got the lollipop she was far away from either of us, and our sweet friends helped her out when she said, "Hana eat it?" So as I watched from across the room, Hana had her first lollipop. Watermelon flavor. Yuck-o. I signaled to Daddy, and he brought her and the candy to me, and I took her down stairs and told her the candy was yucky and then threw it away. She assumed that I meant it was dirty or something, and so she replied, "get a new one, from Rabbi?" I mumbled some response and then distracted her with the fantastic corn chips that were set out for the kiddush. Hana loves chips. So then we had kiddush and Hana had a great time running around the social hall and eating cake and chips and drinking juice so she forgot all about the candy. Then we walked all the way home, and by this time she was totally exhausted, but she made it, and she ate some lunch, and as she ate she started squirming around and said, "Mommy, doo doo." So I took her into the bathroom, and she said, "Mommy, big toilet." So I put her up on the big toilet with her little seat adapter, and she proceeded to make her first giant doodie into the big toilet. Hurray! She has only once tinkled in her little pottie, (and twice next to it on the floor). She usually just sits there for a while and then says she is pau. So it was all very exciting that she went in the big toilet. Plus it was so much easier to clean up. Hurray! So I guess that made up for the lollipop. She got her reward in advance. And then we finished lunch and took a big nap all together on Mommy's bed. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exciting day!!