Tuesday, October 16, 2007

what's going on

exerp from a letter to Bachan...

I just got the three kids to sleep. We'll see how long that lasts. Someone always ends up waking up early. Usually Dasi. She is such a rascal. She has a mischievous look in her eyes and she gets into every thing. And she eats everything she can find. Tiny specks of dust, little strings on the floor, crumbs she finds under Hana's table. And when I'm cooking she hangs out by my feet so she can snatch up any thing that falls on the floor. She is like a puppy. She even begs for food at the table when she sees Daddy eating. She is also trying to stand on her own a little. She lets go for just a second and then falls on her tush.

Hana is loving school. She just can't get enough of doing art projects and music class, and P.E., and recess. Even snack time. She has lots of friends. There are about 6 of the kids who have the more advance language skills of the class and they all seem to hang out and play together. We just got home from her after-school dance class. She is so cute in her outfit. I'll have to remember the camera next week. She has a little pink leotard and pink chiffon skirt. No shoes. It's an Isadora Duncan modern dance class for three year olds at the Y. There are about six girls in the class and they dance around and learn to be aware of their bodies and improve coordination and listen to the music and it's just fun for the kids. Today was her second class. Last week she just ran all around the room and had trouble listening to the teacher and following along, but today the teacher said she did really good and participated the whole time and was able to do the turns and steps along with all the other girls as well as work with a partner dancing together. It reminded me of when I was little and my daddy used to take me to dance class. I love to watch Sean getting Hana ready for class. Trying to tie her skirt on her. I told him to do it like a pareo but I guess he didn't know what that meant.

And Kawena is doing good. He is getting more used to being here. He is starting to crawl a little. Mostly backwards, but some forward thrusting moves, and some spinning around oh his tummy. And his sitting is much more stable now. Thank goodness. I think that is the worst time when you have to sit with the baby every second so they don't crack their head falling backwards. And Dasi loves playing with him. She is always happy to see him when he shows up in the morning, or when he wakes up from his nap. The two of them have a great time stealing each other's toys, and patting each other on the head. today they were holding hands when I had them both on the changing pad. And people always think they are twins when I have them in the stroller together since they are about the same size. Sometimes I just say they are twins so I don't have to explain that they are really cousins. Even though they look nothing alike. One is chubby and bald and the other is skinny and mop haired. People believe anything.

Aunty and I discovered that there is a park exactly halfway between her work and my house so we met there for lunch today. Kawena was very happy to see his Mommy, and it was a great walk for me since the weather is so nice. I put the two babies in a swing together and they thought it was very funny. I tried to take pictures with my camera phone but I'm not sure how they came out. Anyway we had a great time and are going to try to meet for lunch as often as we can before the weather gets super cold.

Dasi is up. She took a 20 minute nap in the stroller so now she doesn't want to take her regular afternoon nap in the crib. No surprise there. But she is always good. She plays quietly when the other kids are napping so I let her stay up. She is so cute, she can get away with anything. And Hana is a great big sister. She always helps me with the babies. She told me that I should have twins next. ha ha ha.

No comments: