Friday, March 25, 2005
More Purim
After the big night out at the Purim party, Hana went to bed late, but still woke up at 5am, and then at 7:30am, and 9:30am. And then with out her nap, we had to go to Rabbi Bleich's Purim Seudah. Now usually this would take place at the very end of Purim in the evening, but because it was almost Shabbos, the party was at 11:30am. So all tired out and with out her 11am nap, Hana went to another party. She did pretty well considering. The Rabbi's Purim Seudah takes place in his home which is set up as a dinner party. We sat at the Rabbi's table and Hana sat on my lap facing me. Rabbi Bleich tried to hold her, but she was not in the mood for that and cried as soon as she left my arms. So I held her, and played with her as I tried to eat my lunch. As the time went on Hana realized that the table was more interesting than my face, and she turned herself around and picked something off the table to eat. As it turned out, she chose a piece of challah, which she liked very much. It was her first challah, or any wheat for that matter, and she enjoyed it very much. Most of it ended up on the floor, or gummed up into slobbery balls that rolled onto my lap, but i think she got some of it into her system. She took it well, and has showed no signs of the wheat intolerance that some babies have. As we sat the other two little ones at the party came over to visit with Hana. They were both 1 year olds, but neither one looked any bigger than Hana. One of the Mommies asked how much Hana weighed, and when I told her about 22 pounds, she was amazed and said that her daughter was only 20 pounds and was 14 months old. This little baby was very cute and dresses up as a lady bug, and when I was carrying Hana around she wanted to be picked up too, so I scooped her up and with one babe on each hip I felt all together like a Mommy. Finally we went home and I go to rush to get ready for Shabbos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment