I've taught Hana how to drink from a straw.
This is how it happened.
I was drinking water from my big cup with a very nice pick straw and Hana was watching me and motioned that she would like to have my cup and straw. So of course, being such a nice Mommy, I held the cup for her and put the straw in her mouth. It took her about five seconds to figure out what to do. The first time water got in her mouth she was very surprised and spit the straw out. She then tried again, and was surprised again. The third time she forgot how to suck and just grunted at it, and then she remembered and got too much water. After that I took away the straw and cup. I don't want her getting all wet like when I let her play with the sippy cup with water in it. Anyway, so Hana has once again proven how skilled she is. Plus Paige's Mommy, who is a speech therapist for babies, says that straw cups are way better than sippy cups for mouth development. And we happen to have a big box full that we got from Hana's cousin. So we are all set. Sponge Bob straw cups all around.
No comments:
Post a Comment