Thursday, July 21, 2005

Catch up

Hana seems to be getting back to New York time finally. She still has some crazy separation anxiety when I put her down for a nap, but for the most part she sleeps. For a few nights it was if she just could not sleep unless I laid down next to her. I tried letting her cry it out, but after 45 minutes of screaming I just couldn't take it anymore. But last night she went to be with out a big fuss, so hopefully she is getting back to her happy self.

She has kept the new skill that she learned from Shaydie of whining and throwing little tantrums when she does not get her way, usually when you take something away from her that she wants. Like the remote for example. I seem to have lost her little remote somewhere. But for the most part this behavior is only really bad when she is tired and grouchy.

And she is still dropping food on the floor when she eats, so you have to watch her and only give her a couple of pieces at a time or she will lose her whole lunch to the cat who happily sits below her chair and picks out what she wants. She prefers the nice chicken breast pieces over the nectarine and spinach. Smart cat. Today Hana had strawberries and lasagna for lunch. She did not drop any of it. Hm...

And she is still cruising furniture and walking with assistance. But she is doing a lot of standing up on her own. She likes to stand on the bed, and when holding a toy. For some reason it is easier to balance when she is focusing on playing with the toy.

And she is still super cute.