Friday, July 29, 2005
Unwrapped
Hana has opened her first wrapped present. I had it sitting on the couch, which of course means that she would want to know what it was. So this morning she was looking at it, and sort of touching the wrapping paper and looking at me like she knew she was doing something wrong. I kept telling her that it was for her, and it was ok for her to have it, but she still seemed a little hesitant. So I put it on the floor next to her, and I walked away for a second, and when I looked back she had torn the paper off the top of it and was pointing to the little school bus inside with a very excited look on her face. By then of course I had to assist her by getting the bus out of the box. Toys these days are strapped into their boxes with millions of wire twisty ties. I kept waiting for her to go ahead and play with the wrapping paper and then the box, but she just waited patiently for me to free the bus. I handed her the toy and off she went, looking at all the parts and taking out the little people inside, opening and closing the doors. She hasn't figured out exactly how to make it work, but she does enjoy sliding it along the floor sideways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment